Original mix begins easy, with a kick that doesn't announce many things, but the surprise may come with the appearance of the melodic line, evolved and deep, in a progressive house manner. There are classic clips, synths and a nostalgic rhythm; I say classic because this tune sounds like the beginnings of progressive house when everybody was excited and was enjoying this kind of sound.
John E & Bart Cruz provide a slower remix, calm and peaceful. The nice pattern contrast with most of the rhythm, but some jazzy synths are there to cherish the track. It's a warm and simple production that I don't think anybody would take all the chances to hear it in a club. Better try it at home first.
Stephan Hinz is an artist who has been imposing himself lately with some quiet well done productions, and I think he goes from strength to strength. I also think that the trend in music is a superficial manner to evaluate a release. That's why Stephanie didn't make a very different remix from the previous mixes. It's still progressive house with a few new improvements on the bass line.
The digital platform from Global Scum has started with this release, so, as music is for anybody, we definitely shall say a big welcome to the newcomers.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
Global Scum Digital
August 07 2006
September 23, 2006 at 1:47 PM CEST