Over the last two years Cynic have released a steady flow of well produced, genuine, emotive-driven records - decent fodder that have pricked up well preened ears across the globe, from the UK and the rest of Europe through to Asia and Japan. Fans of the label include Daniel Wang, Harvey, the Idjut Boys, Laurent Garnier, Radio One's Rob Da Bank and the Unabombers, amongst many others.
The latest release is "Cynicism", an album that totally represents Cynic Records, an album that presents the best of the releases over the label's first year, with some extra material chucked in for good measure. Besides the great music on it, this album is an example of good mixing techniques.
The first track All is Fair by Foolish and Sly shows right from the beginning that the album is one that should be listened and that no matter what music you prefer, this CD will surely satisfy your taste. You can hear throughout the tracks beats of pop, even passages of oriental music. It somehow takes you directly on the dance floor. You can even see the disco-ball above your head. While listening the 8 tracks on the album, you can imagine in each one a new story full of joy and excitement. Including the Germanic synth-laden classics of Deutcherwerkbund Part Two and 'Wiesnhofsiedlung by Das Etwas, the mix flows in a peaceful and deep way, ending up with the atmospheric trip named Come a Little Closer.
The album catches your attention in an instant and it is excellent for listening when you want to escape from reality and find your deepest wishes and desires. So enjoy it at the maximum!
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
August 21, 2006 at 10:06 PM CEST