The A side contains Downlow'd, an industrial house tune, very abstract and consistent in samples and synths, rough bass lines and a massive rhythm. The other track from this side is Note To Self, softer then the previous mix, but still abstract and underground. The acid synths push some hypnotic vibes, in order to create a psychedelic techno track.
The flip side consists in Deviated Septum and B Dub. If the first track builds up an intense psy techno storm filled up with paranoid acid musical samples, the second tune is mellow and minimalist. Deep and constantly building a tension, the last track comes with a notable rhythm and some bizarre vocal samples.
A very wise release, Downlow'd EP is music not only for body, but more for mind. So sit back and feel free to enjoy a nonconformist EP.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
May 1 2006
June 3, 2006 at 5:00 PM CEST