This one is released on Dumb Recordings, record label which just made his debut with the release Retarded Funk – Venta / Monday.
The first comment is that the original mix is fantastic! It deserves a 10/10 from far! Quirky beats with techy synths and some acid bass line composes a unique quality track. The melody is simply great and the rhythm makes anyone to move at least his head.
And the second comment comes to the remixes. Which are three: Killswitch Rocker remix, Mashtronic remix and Stian Klo remix. No track succeeds in making at least ¾ from what the original mix did...
Starting with the first remix, this one delivers an electro tune filled up with massive bass lines and electronic pattern synths. Mashtronic takes the track into an acid house with lot of electro bass lines, providing a killer heavy track. And the last one is the best remix from these three – Stian Klo approaches from the original mix delivering a nice kick pattern and some good bass lines in order to create a great rhythm.
It could definitely been better, at least in the remixes area. A great step forward for Dumb Recordings and a massive production line from Kristoffer Zaar.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
May 29 2006
May 9, 2006 at 8:10 AM CEST