So, it was just the proper time for the Italians to release their new dirty two tracks EP called Werk / Massages. The label is the same – Mantra Smile Recordings.
The first track is Werk, a solid tech house with major patterns of electro basslines. After several effects, the kick just starts to be more and more intense, along with the bassline that simply makes the track dirty and heavy. The synths are completely electrified, just in time for a massive dance floor buzz that enhances the entire dynamism of this great tune.
The flip side provides a sexy techno production with very sophisticated snares and kicks. The vocals bring an erotic atmosphere which is reduced by the techno pattern but it's the great rhythm which makes this tune very caustic. Great musical stuff, high volume and intense vibes.
If Werk doesn't satisfy your thirst for outlandish sounds, there's Massages who builds up a heavy and laden atmosphere. A good release, each time with something surprising.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
Mantra Smile rec
May 2, 2006 at 11:14 PM CEST