Suxul Music are the production team of Elmar Schubert, Sugar Jim and Der Brane and the inventive approach of their productions to date suggest that both they and the label will feature in electronic music circles for a long time.
Schubert et al's original mix of 'Fancy' is a raw combination of vintage Chicago house elements and contemporary European sound tests. A strong bass foundation powers the groove, pushing it through various peaks before scientific sound developments transform the track via wild builds. The percussion is a harsh and uncompromising affair that confirms the dark techno origins of 'Fancy'. The general arrangement and atmosphere is close to the acclaimed 'Kanelbulle' by John and Jesper Dahlback and it should work just as well as a techno tool or an electronic house groove.
Jon Tejada's mix is a larger piece with more depth and character. The crisp drums and sweeping basslines are combined with various components throughout the track. Tejada's version develops through deep chords and desolate effects at the start, until it reaches intense acidic rumblings in the final part. It is Jon Tejada's mastery of the acid discipline that impresses most, but the way in which he merges these acidic features with brooding Detroit chord sequences is also a key feature of the remix. Once again Jon Tejada provides an unrivalled mix that defies classification.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
March 13 2006
March 19, 2006 at 7:01 PM CET