"Dirty at night" is a nice early groover. A simple building baseline beneath a minimal drum lime is complimented well by an array of cut hats, cowbells and vocal stabs keeping it interesting from beginning to end
"Spy Me" takes a breaks approach. Acidy sounds, an ever-changing baseline, a complicated beat structure and the inclusion of a stepped down bell keep you moving.
"New Vision" is deeper and dirtier than the first two. Keeping to a 4*4 beat with a simple hat, the inclusion of stretched vocal samples complimented by what sounds like a reverbed congo (that sounds like sonar) makes for interesting and avid listening.
"My Long foot" is the harder of the 4 and is glitched filled techno at its best. An excellent melody compliments a complicated baseline topped off with a synthesized melody. Building and calming as the track progresses, dropped on the right occasion this would certainly get the foots tapping.
An nice 4 track EP that would fill the space in any set.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
January 10 2006
January 16, 2006 at 7:39 PM CET