The Original Mix is a collage of ups and down, a funky baseline nicely tipped off with electro stabs and filtered synth, grooving and unrelenting in flow and attention to detail. Definitely one for those with low concentration because it never leaves you bored
The Mini Mix takes a slower dubbed approach. Subliminal sampling of the original ensures a warm mix for those playing behind the 12am threshold. A simpler array of sounds and unrelenting 4*4 beat touched upon by a slightly acid synth make this an excellent b-sider.
Also included in his release is Jeff Bennett - Paranormal, again one for the warm up DJs. A slow moving almost retro number, with many an organ and electro sound reversed and Arranged in a manner even Bob Marley would be proud of.
This is an excellent release of well produced and unique music, Kung Fu Dubs doesn't keep getting better because it was great along. A standing ovation of a job well done.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
Kung Fu Dubs
January 9 2006
January 16, 2006 at 7:24 PM CET