The "Original Mix" is a midset driven filler, for the straight progressive jocks out there. Looped with a minimal baseline it chugs along like a ford cadet with a half empty petrol tank, it might not get them to the floor, but it will keep them on it. The addition of a gapped vocal also steps it up in places.
The "Dub Mix" is the more interesting of the two for me. Although the baseline remains statically minimal , the addition of filtered acidy synths and a full vocal makes for avid listening. In addition, it almost teasingly grooves to breaks putting a smile on the face of even the most hardened clubber.
Its the Dub that does for me, a stable release from the man from Northern Ireland.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
18 November 2005
January 16, 2006 at 7:20 PM CET