Starting this autumn with a fine release, the UK based label Intrinsic Records provides a new progressive house release containing two tracks from Total Confusion and Somnus Corp. The first project is made from Koji and Minoru Tanzawa, both of them having dj-ed for over 18 years. The second track comes from three talented producers hailing from Mexico, Beto Rodriguez, Gabriel Sordo and Jorge Lopez.
The first track is the solid progressive house called "Sunset" by Total Confusion. Starting slow with a fine kick pattern, the track moves into a dark atmosphere with a deep bass line and some short synths composing a peaceful melodic line and ending with a relaxing and hypnotic breakdown. What's next? The track rules until the end with a solid electric groove, giving an eclectic air.
"Sistema De Fe" from Somnus Corp is more atmospheric and deep, consisting in a strange progressive house filled up with long and nostalgic strings and a calm rhythm. After the very first moments, a nice bass line enters the track and brings it to a long breakdown (time for a break) and then starts again with some many synths featured. A mysterious vocal is inserted from time to time and gives an air of sadness and deepness to the entire track. Smooth and elegant...
With these two progressive house tracks, the release sounds more like a listening home then a playing in club, but despite the smooth rhythm, both tracks contain some very well worked musical elements, so for a warm-up is indicated as well. Just two musical weapons which blow your mind.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
September 12 2005
September 14, 2005 at 1:31 PM CEST