The dream-like vocal is a nice touch, combining male and female samples. The overall result is a really nice track that would be suitable for both a warm-up or headline set. 'Do It' is yet more solid material that can be added to the ever-growing body of production by this respected French producer. Perfect for adding substance to any tech orientated set, it is a real pleasure to mix.
The two tracks on the B side are firm enough but lack any special qualities to set them apart from the current field. 'Old School Respect' comes on like a Brett Johnson record, which is no bad thing but as a result, it lacks originality. The final offering contains too many elements competing for the same space and sounds too disjointed to these ears to ever generate any real groove or rhythm. Overall a good EP, worth the money for the title track alone.
A1 'Easy Download'
A2 'Do It'
B1 'Old School Respect'
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
June 06 2005
September 8, 2005 at 11:30 AM CEST