After the acclaimed Balance 007 on cd and "Coney Island EP" on 12", the Australian label EQ Grey goes further with a new release by Jon Gurd, disc called "Future". Jon had the opportunity to play alongside djs such as Paul van Dyk, Seb Fontaine, Dave Clarke, Trevor Rockliffe, Armin van Buren, Fergie and others. The track "Future" has enjoyed its debut Radio 1 play, courtesy of Fergie, and now with a very solid remix coming from Dave Robertson, the package is complete and ready to rock.
The "Original mix" from the A side consists in a progressive with much uplifting vibe composed from a very prominent and dynamic bass line, an accelerated and kicking rhythm which adds gradually some additional elements. The track gains also some electro influences, building altogether a massive bomb for party.
Dave Robertson's remix is much mild, but it keeps the melodic line intense and the rhythm crazy, filtering the original mix through Dave's proper eclectic sound. With some short breaks, the track flows from tip to tip, being also very suitable for a club session, the combination between electro and uplifting progressive creating a powerful impact upon crowd.
Already guest on clubs around UK such as Godskitchen at Air or Birmingham, Jon Gurd has a bright future, so all he has to do is keep doing his musical job. As for the new "Future" disc, EQ has done a pretty good job with this release.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
August 13, 2005 at 12:58 PM CEST