The one who took Bedrock to new levels in 2003 with the excellent "Invasion EP", returns on John Digweed's label once again with two progressive productions, "Let Go / Fever". The Parisian Yunus Guvenen is also currently focusing on producing new material for his label RedFlagCollective, so it's anticipated that this talented artist should become a producer of reference in the next few years.
The first track covers side A and brings a melodic and calm progressive tune with much affective load. "Let Go" continues the progressive productions series and builds a drowse but enchanting rhythm, on which background lays an evaluated and complicated melodic line. The track brings at the half a long and deep breakdown and after restarts to flow the kick pattern.
"Fever" is more dynamic and cold and composes in the first half an energetic progressive tune but it opens up gradually for becoming at the half to a very long and melodic breakdown, filled up with musical tonalities and ruffs, following that the second part to come quick after and close the track.
Coming in the front with this new disc, Yunus has all the chances to impose itself as a great producer, especially if he has massive support from an important label such as Bedrock.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
August 13, 2005 at 12:47 PM CEST