After the track "Electrify" with support from Digweed, Sander K, Anthony Pappa and others, Tim Scott returns with a new track released on Coldtap under the name of his project Squareface alongside with his vocalist partner Dani G. "Red Sunset" is made up from three versions but gathers together a fantastic melody featuring the superb vocals of Dani.
The first version is a very fine and melodic progressive track, Original Vox, which comes with an enchanting melody drowned in a sweet and peaceful rhythm, and the atmosphere becomes more frenetic at the appearance of the lush vocals which swamp everything in musicality and profundity.
It is obvious that a melody played on guitar simply makes you forget about everything, living for a few minutes in a self-abandonment, just to feel how the quill discretely touches the mellow and cold strings, coming out in the wash an admirable melodic line. This is what happens with the second mix of this track, a very melodic and melancholic ambient mix brought by Lee Neilson.
The most dynamic and airy version makes its appearance all at once, building up an energetic rhythm and many additional sounds agglomerate the track and make it sounds alive, but in the same time are keeping a certain profundity of the melodic line. This is "Lee Neilson's Dark Motion Remix".
"Red Sunset" is the first full vocal track to be released on Coldtap, and with the return of Tim's Squareface project, the things are working really fine.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
September 2005 TBC
August 7, 2005 at 2:26 PM CEST