The US label Pangea Recordings provides a new progressive release which comes with two very good tracks from the producer Sertac Kaya and the remixersDirty Hertz and Jerry Bonham.
On the A side is the original mix of "Boncuk", a dizzy and hypnotic progressive with much musicality and a profound load of epical strings. Coming off on an excellent warm rhythm, the track stops at the half for an exceptional breakdown where can be found some fantastic vocals which overwhelm the listener, introducing him into a dreamy world, somber and abstract, where the melody primes.
Neither the two Jerry & Dirty remix slices off by the atmospheric progressive, providing an airy and moderated track with a pretty flat and simple rhythm but a melody as complicated and profound as the original version.
A very fine disc released on Pangea, "Boncuk" shows us another dimension of music than the ordinary one, building up through these two tracks some smooth impressive tonalities and some memorable landscapes, so we are looking forward for the second disc.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
June 14 2005
July 14, 2005 at 5:52 PM CEST