Featured firstly by Sasha on a Kiss 100 mix back in 2003, the track from the two producers PQM and Phil K sees now a 12" release on Institution Recordings, providing a kick ass remix from Habersham and Relisys.
The original mix from the A side of "They Just Won't Le Me Be" brings a tough progressive with some bald tribal pattern, composing a simple and abstract rhythm. The melodic lines are somehow strange, alongside a male vocal very hypnotic and pretty annoying which can't find its place.
The remix of the two guys from the flip side energizes the atmosphere and composes a break beat track, very kicking and alive, on which background discretely sits a simple and mysterious melodic line. The powerful and strange vocals are featured on the remix as well, but give some more good taste on the breaks rhythm.
With a massive remix, the new disc looks more overall, but we expect for some many things from Phil K and PQM, and I'm sure they just don't stop here.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
July 14, 2005 at 5:33 PM CEST