The debut of the new German label Level records is announced to be very promising, the EP containing four artists featured each one with a track, pointing out therefore a unique sound of minimal house straight from Germany and also anticipating a resistant life of the label for the future. Well, this is the "Quartet EP"!
The first track is called "Millepieds" and comes from a producer known for his earlier releases for Traum, Trapez and Background; this is Oliver Hacke. His tune builds up a profound and hypnotic minimal, extremely peaceful and sweet with some awesome techy pads included.
Another exceptional producer is Andy Vaz, composing here a strange and mysterious atmosphere through his excellent "Glitchbitch", another great minimal production, a bit tougher than the previous one, more bizarre and abstract.
Rhythm Maker, on his real name Stephan Schwander, brings up a warm and mind-blowing track, setting up through "Citycriticism" a sweet and deep melodic line and a slow and sophisticated rhythm, dreamy and dizzy.
And finally, "Quartet EP" features the German producer also the owner of this label, Daniel Fritschi, with "Vortex" being his first release on 12". As for the track, it's just simply excellent, a minimal tune made up from some strange riffs and a meditative and elevated melody.
With this overwhelming start, the things will go just great to the new label, and for the minimal lovers, this quartet stuff is just the perfect choice.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
July 14, 2005 at 4:45 PM CEST