Released on Bedrock Records, the second compilation from the Original Series had as protagonist the dj Jonathan Lisle, and this summer Bedrock has released a sampler 2 x 12" package, since the tracks featured on the album aroused the admiration for a lot of listeners. The discs contain two tracks each, and first one brings some solid pads signed Trafik, and the flip goes in a fascinating direction of downtempo and ambiental music.
The A side has the track "Surrender" from Trafik's wise sound collection, afterwards released on GU Music, but featured here under the shape of a remix produced by Habersham and Blake Potter. Entering from the beginning into an acute break beat pattern, the tune gradually bursts out for composing a massive and tough progressive, sweeten by some smooth vocals from the vocalist Rachel Lamb. After a fantastic breakdown, the things start as energetic as there have been on the previous pattern, leading the track to a simple finality which let us a sweet taste. A great tune for some bouncing crowds!!
On the flip side entering in a pleasant's downtempo atmosphere, it is Steiger with "Ghost Sector" which gathers a compact bulk of synths and makes them play while a peaceful and deep rhythm takes the listener into a dreamy world...The melodic lines are completing one by the other, so that we can feel we had a real listen at the end!
This is the first sampler disc from Original Series, bringing two massive tracks which have been representative for the compilation mixed by Jon.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
may 31 2005
July 14, 2005 at 3:26 PM CEST