The duo formed between Darius Syrossian and Fattorini brings in this summer a nice release on Wallop Recordings, "House of Maya", containing three different versions on which can be heard a reminiscent sound of progressive house.
"Winter Solstice mix" is the first version of the track, a simple and bald progressive on which can be discovered a few musical tents faded with a peaceful and warm rhythm.
The solo mix coming from Darius wants to be more intense, combining a massive progy pattern with some smooth breaks and the conclusion being a nice tune but without much action and epic sounds.
The last song here is the "Summer Solstice mix", the most melodic and melancholic edit from the whole three tracks, bringing a sweet and deep melody with a short feeling of nostalgia and sadness, also a meditative air imprinted on some continuous and fabulous strings.
The new "House of Maya" is not and doesn't even want to be a super hit, but still we can find some original and new elements featured on these three tracks which form up this production.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
July 14, 2005 at 2:58 PM CEST