The duo Musgrove & McGrath is composed from Vance Musgrove and Ross McGrath, two Australian producers who teamed up in 2000 for experimenting new sounds and tunes, and "Coney Island EP" is their first disc produced together and released on 12" on EQ Grey, an Australian label which hosted also the famous Balance 007 by Chris Fortier.
The A side track, "Freakout", was also featured on Anthony Pappa's Balance 006, and now it's time for a 12" release. Bringing a progressive vibe, this atmospheric and deep tune gets noticed with a continuous and somber bass line and also some overwhelming strings which provide a profound and meditative musicality with a smooth tent of nostalgia.
"Rollerdiscoking" is the track from the flip which fills up the disc with some airy progy beats and enchanting melodic lines. A very refined wave of music makes us tremble and vibrate upon some techy massive grooves, kicking and hypnotic.
"Coney Island EP" brings back home the progressive atmosphere with two very solid tracks containing an autochthonous massive Australian sound.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
July 14, 2005 at 2:51 PM CEST