"Belmont Forum EP" is called the new material from the Australian duo, Kriece & Basek, this one being released on CP Recordings and including two track with a mystical vibe of tech-house and minimal.
The first side brings up "Submission", a madness which is going to blow out, inspiring to the listeners even from the start a sense of mystery and a feeling of oppression which gets head and amplifies from a sound to another one. With a sunken bass line, very violent and prominent, this tune simply composes a tough and abstract rhythm which takes the listener into a deep universe, an obscure world with an air of mysticism, expressed out by the strange synths unleashed by the track.
The B side comes with a more melodic and playful track, "The Shizznal", jazzy and optimistic, senses pointed out not only by the driving rhythm but also by some asunder synths which form up a simple but cute melody. This one is a sexy track for sure.
With "Submission" penetrating the mysterious area of electronic music, then experimenting the appetizing sounds of the great tech-house "The Shizznal", this new EP can't pass as a watch in the night, and therefore CP Recordings opens up a strong path through wiser and better releases.
B: The Shizznal
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
June 20, 2005 at 12:52 PM CEST