When we speak about dance music producers, the Italians strike back, and this project called Neverdogs and composed by Alessio Monizza, Marco de Gregorio and Tommaso Paone, is the most concrete proof. Released on Presslab, this new disc called "Moltobeat" contains three tracks composed alongside the vocalist Phoebe.
On the A side lies "Moltobeat kick mix", a nice tune which makes a good fade between breakbeat and prog, building a mazy electro bass line and a peaceful and sweet melody, as well as the bonus vocals from Phoebe.
"Original mix" from the flip side is the electro version, deeper and darker, probably the most proper tune for a dance floor club session. The vocals are featured here as well as the rhythm builds a more intense vibe, and the melodic line becomes simpler but significant.
"Presslaboys remix" is the progressive version of the track from the A side, very similar regarding the melody, but with some more taste for dynamism and concentration of the synths.
Nice without being ingenious, "Moltobeat" brings some fresh vibes for this hot summer, coming from the Italians Neverdogs.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
May 9 2005
June 6, 2005 at 11:58 AM CEST