After the EPs produced by Lynx and Section 75, the digital label Source of Gravity Digital is back with a new release called "Katakana EP", a material composed from three tracks by Katakana.
The first of them is "Piledriver" and consists in a somber and deep progressive, with a hard bass line and some rough and industrial synths, also an abstract and weird melodic line.
"Juxtaposition" brings in the front an appealing break beat, melodic and peaceful, including some atmospheric sounds and a profound and driving rhythm. The meditative melody rouses a kind of passion for music, composing therefore an interesting tune which ingeniously gathers tough and massive synths alongside a simple, suggestive and enchanting melodic line.
"Rumbled", the last track on this EP, contours a progressive, this time more opened, but simple and repetitive, with an obsessive rhythm and a somber and deep melody.
Looks like the things are working well on Chris Sterio's Source of Gravity, especially with this new digital project, original and well planned.
- Various Artists - Great Summergames Stuff
- John Digweed - Transitions vol 3
- GU Mixed
- Yositoshi Miami - mixed by Cedric Cervais
- Fabric 35 - Mixed by Ewan Pearson
- Niki B & Christian E.F.F.E. - The Question / Fatman
- Christian Smith & John Selway - Transit Time
- Matthew Herbert - Score
- Lazy Fat People - Pixelgirl EP
- Steve Porter - Porterhouse 2
- Chris Fortier - Remixes EP 1
- Phonique - Good Idea
- One + One mixed by James Zabiela and Nic Fanciulli
- Global Underground presents Afterhours 3
- DJ T - Lucky Bastard
Source Of Gravity Digital
June 6, 2005 at 11:34 AM CEST